Support a good cause while you have a blast zip lining through the jungle and meeting adorable monkeys.
Duration: 5 Hours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tranport by safari truck
- Bottled water
- Stroll through the colorful botanical garden and identifies medicinal plants, flowers and fruit trees native in Dominican Republic.
- Interact in close proximity to our beautiful squirrel monkeys at Monkeyland.
- Watch the monkeys in a natural environment which offers spectacular mountain views.
- At the end of this pleasant and surprising tour, passing through our gift shop Monkeyland.
- Visit a coffee and cocoa plantation and get to taste freshly made coffee and hot chocolate.
- Visit a typical house and see how the locals live.
- Do not use sunscreen or insect repellent.
Booking Early? Use promo code EARLY10 to receive a 10% discount when booking activities 10 days or more in advance!
Guided Monkeyland Tour on the Dominican Republic
Get to know our friendly and cute squirrel monkeys at Monkeyland on this guided tour! We also visit a typical Dominican house to learn about our culture and way of living.
What to Expect
We begin the Dominican Republic Monkeyland tour with the visit of a typical country house to mingle with Dominicans and learn how to live off the land and their organic products. Later, we meet the playful monkeys at Monkeyland, where they jump around and on you, play, and even eat from the bowl right in your hands. Monkeyland is located on five acres of a beautiful piece of land that monkeys have made their home.
Why Choose Runners Adventures?
A must-do for any animal lover! Get the unique chance to see a family of squirrel monkeys eating right from a fruit bowl in your hands.
Absolute Must for Animal Lovers!!!
We had such a great time here! The Monkeys, their babies, being able to feed them was just phenomenal!
Just make sure you follow the rules because you don’t want to put the health of the Monkeys in jeopardy!!!!!!
Philippe, Leo, Sergio and KJ did such a fantastic job and we really appreciate their love and respect for the Monkeys!” –Irene & Chris K | Oct 23 2018 Read this review on Trip Advisor
We begin the tour with the visit of a typical country house to mingle with Dominicans and learn how to live off the land and their organic products. There, have the opportunity to try roasted coffee and cocoa. Start the second part of the tour coming to our beautiful botanical garden, where you will learn about native plants and flowers of the island.
The next 45 minutes were occupied for a guided tour that allows you to interact in close proximity to our beautiful and friendly squirrel monkeys at Monkeyland. These charming and intelligent monkeys have been formed by a Canadian couple with 35 years of experience working with animals, including 12 years at the Toronto Zoo to teaching monkeys to trust and enjoy the company of humans.
This tour is based on 5 acres of a beautiful piece of land that monkeys have made their home. The monkeys are completely accustomed to human contact. They come down from the trees to sit on your shoulder and eat from your hands. Beware …. love all things bright and interesting! Little monkeys loves to pose for the cameras and probably will sit, and if allowed, see themselves in your camera. Adorable! Come share an unforgettable experience!
- Pregnant women cannot take part in this tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- People with disability and/or mobility problems cannot take part in this tour.
- Not recommended for people with asthma or infections of the upper airways.
- Not recommended for people with severe peanut allergies.
- Direct bookings from cruise line passengers are not accepted. Please book our tours with your cruise line.
- People with a cold or flu cannot take part in this tour.