Enjoy a guided tour of San Pedro de Macorís, legendary for its unique culture, the sugar industry, cigars, and rum!
Duration: 5 Hours
- All equipment and training
- Experienced guides
- Hotel pickup and drop-of
- Water and soft drinks (non-alcoholic)
- Transport by safari truck
- Transcend startling landscapes; hang from above staring down at dazzling Caribbean panoramas.
- 7 zip lines and 2 suspension bridges, amounting to 4,200 feet of pure pleasure. A controlled drop, a 54 foot fan descender jump delivers the adrenaline rush you came after.
- In breathtaking aerial views of El Choco National Park. Get up close to its lush vegetation, swathed by the woodlands.
- The adrenaline rush does not end as you descend, journey into the jungle and experience a once-in-a-lifetime passionate interaction with squirrel monkeys.
- Do not use sunscreen or insect repellent.
- The minimum weight to participate in this tour is 27 kilograms (60lbs.)
- The maximum weight to participate in this tour is 136 kilograms (300lbs.)
- The maximum waist to participate in this tour is 127 centimeters (50in.)
Booking Early? Use promo code EARLY10 to receive a 10% discount when booking activities 10 days or more in advance!
Jungle Zip Line Adventure
Fly along seven thrilling zip lines located in the magnificent valley of the Monkey Jungle estate. Dare to make a 53-ft. jump on a cable controlled descent. Finish an adventure-filled day interacting with friendly squirrel monkeys that jump around you to eat fresh fruit directly from your hands.
What to Expect
Very friendly and knowledgeable staff take you on a zip line adventure where safety and fun are the top priorities. Then, you get the opportunity to feed adorable squirrel monkeys with fruit and learn the story of the rescued capuchin monkeys that live in the park.
Why Choose Runners Adventures?
You’re contributing to the Monkey Jungle charitable foundation, which is dedicated to offer free primary medical and dental care to locals.
Carlos was a great guide he told us all about the area we were traveling through to get to where we were going about the animals that were in or near the roads and a lot of the history of the island .Demetrio was a great driver and made sure we had plenty of water and sodas and other drinks as well the monkeys were so cute and interesting to watch eating from our dishes we would do this trip again” –Debbie P | Sep 19 2018 Read this review on Trip Advisor
Zip Lines at Monkey Jungle is a great adventure tour destination Puerto Plata. You will fly over a prodigious valley in the Monkey Jungle estate of in Sosúa. Built by one of the most experienced builders of zip lines tour from Canada along with a U.S. structural engineer.
The adventure will take you flying through the magnificent valley of the estate Monkey Jungle. Naturalist guides will show you the way, helping to venture and learn about the region. You will be entering a new dimension of entertainment. Our expert guides will teach you everything about the team and the tour.
Be transported to the Welcome Center, where we will have a briefing about safety. Then walk through the paths floral property for 7 mins to get to the first platform and be ready for the challenge of flying from one platform to another. Is fixed with climbing gear to the cables, the longest being 800 feet!
The tour consists of 7 lines for a total 4200 feet, two suspension bridges over a cable controlled descent of 53 feet. Our zip line tour was constructed with double steel cables, the cables are calibrated with the speed necessary to fly and enjoy.
The Zip Line Adventure at Monkey Jungle belongs to the Monkey Jungle charitable foundation, which is dedicated to offer free primary medical and dental care to residents from different rural areas. Aside from free medical services also supply food rations and daily medicine to a group of terminally ill patients. Free your body, fly from platform to platform, get air with a spectacular view of the lush nature of the Choco region.
After resting for a while, we continue the last leg of our trip to Monkey Jungle homestead. We enter the forest, fruit basket in hand, and interact with the squirrel monkeys.
- Pregnant women cannot take part in this tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- People with disability and/or mobility problems cannot take part in this tour.
- Not recommended for people with back problems.
- Not recommended for people with asthma or infections of the upper airways.
- Not recommended for people with severe peanut allergies.
- Direct bookings from cruise line passengers are not accepted. Please book our tours with your cruise line.
- People with a cold or flu cannot take part in this tour.