Interact with our adorable squirrel monkeys while they pose for the cameras and jump on top of you!
Duration: 9 Hours
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Official guide
- Lunch: Grilled Caribbean lobster, rice, vegetables, seafood salad, and bread, or grilled chicken breast, rice, vegetables, and cassavas croquettes.
- One glass of wine (red, white, or rosé)
- A cup of coffee
- Water, soft drinks, beer, and rum.
- Tour La Flor Dominicana, and examine the proud handwork of the cigar industry’s most experienced craftsmen.
- Stop at Altos de Chavón, a Mediterranean-style artisan village reenacting what once was the bohemian way of life in the 16th century. Delight in the amazing landscapes and vistas which come to life before your eyes.
- Attend a multitudinous replica of a Roman-era amphitheater, visit Altos de Chavón amphitheater.
- Aboard a riverboat, feast your eyes on stunning landscape and architectural elements, as you embark on a journey across the imposing Chavón River as you devour a succulent grilled lobster lunch.
Booking Early? Use promo code EARLY10 to receive a 10% discount when booking activities 10 days or more in advance!
- Adults (13+)
- Children (3-12)
Tour of Hispaniola Island Details
Discover our Hispaniola Island and learn how the Dominicans have become the best baseball players in the world. Visit “La Matilde” Cigar Museum, where you learn the history of Dominican cigar and see the way they are made, by hand. Visit the famous artist village of Altos de Chavon where you can appreciate the Taino exhibit at the Regional Archeological Museum, also an excellent opportunity for shopping. Enjoy an incredible lobster lunch on a riverboat along the famous Chavon River, surrounded by breathtaking landscapes.
What to Expect
The best VIP service during your visit to the city of La Romana and to the enchanting town of Altos de Chavón. A succulent lunch on a barge where you’re captivated by the dazzling panoramas of an unparalleled tropical paradise come undone before you.
Why Choose Runners Adventures?
Learn about the Dominican culture and flavors in an authetic cultural tour to the most beautiful and iconic touristic attractions in the country.
Our driver and tour guide we’re Wilbur and Darius, and panda. Greatest team ever. Planning on booking more trip with these guys and this company Amstar. Great time s, plenty of history and information and laughs. Great job.” –James C | Oct 3 2018 Read this review on Trip Advisor
This journey across enthralling rural landscapes begins the moment we pick you up at the front of your hotel in Punta Cana – Bávaro. An experienced tour guide will show you and other eager visitors at your side every nook and cranny; get a sense of this land’s humble origins, and the kindness of its people. Our voyage will take us all the way to the city of La Romana. Nothing better defines Dominican culture than baseball. Visit Francisco A. Micheli Stadium, home to the Toros del Este.
True fans may delve into the history of legendary Dominican players who have made it to the Major League. Master craftsmen will show you the proper way of rolling a cigar. Tour a museum with a small cigar factory. Only the finest cigars are manufactured with Dominican tobacco, Montecristo and Romeo and Juliet being among them. Visit an artisan village, and experience the bona fide bohemian lifestyle. Get an appraisal of how the city of La Romana flourished, and the prosperity Altos de Chavón enjoys. Walk through its lush tropical gardens.
Spectator an amazing replica of a Roman-style amphitheatre. Examine surprising Taino archaeological findings on display at the Regional Archaeological Museum. Don’t miss out on the opportunity of shopping for genuine handicrafts at one of the picturesque gift shops located along the path. We will set sail on a riverboat and travel through Chavón River. A gratifying adventure, where dazzling panoramas of an unparalleled tropical paradise come undone before you. Cast your eyes at them as you devour a delicious grilled lobster lunch. Let the warmth of the tropical sun caress your skin as the waves drift to the cadence of Merengue.
Set out on a spiritual pilgrimage to Higüey Basilica, shrine where the Dominican people come to worship their Patron Saint, the Virgin of Altagracia. A spiritual retreat for those of a strong Catholic faith. Learn the history behind this astounding architectural marvel. Important: In a a way to protect our natural resources, from March 1st to June 30th we’ll serve shrimps instead of lobster since this period is critical for the lobster to reproduce (closed season).
- Pregnant women cannot take part in this tour.
- People with disability and/or mobility problems cannot take part in this tour.
- Direct bookings from cruise line passengers are not accepted. Please book our tours with your cruise line.