Visit Cayo Arena (also called Cayo Paraiso), a coral island off the coast of the Dominican Republic.
Duration: 8 Hours
- Audio guide
- Experienced guides
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or van
- Water and soft drinks (non-alcoholic)
- Lunch: white rice, dark rice with beans (moro), chicken creole, beef creole, salad bar and fresh fruits
- Discover Santo Domingo, the First City of the Americas. Travel across its most important roads all leading towards ancient edifices and monuments of an invaluable cultural heritage in a modern-day city.
- Through yesterday’s narrow lanes, we will set out to unveil the humble beginnings of the New World. Tour the oldest colonial city, erected in the fifteenth century, and scour the first colonial epoch residences.
- Must sign Liability Waiver
- Covered shoes required.
- Long pants & sunscreen highly encouraged.
Booking Early? Use promo code EARLY10 to receive a 10% discount when booking activities 10 days or more in advance!
- Adult (13+)
- Child (3-12)
Guided Tour of Santo Domingo
Pay homage to the First Cathedral of the Americas. Stroll down Las Damas Street where you see many important monuments. Pass by the Museo de la Casas Reales. A walk across the Alcázar de Colón takes you back to the era of the Spanish conquistadors. Watch a movie in a 4D cinema and get a break from the heat. On the boardwalk of Santo Domingo, appreciate the beauty of the Caribbean Sea and modern buildings such as the Fine Arts Palace, the National Theatre, and the Presidential Palace. Enjoy a nice lunch in a typical restaurant of the capital.
What To Expect
An insightful day into the past and the present of the capital city told by engaging, knowledgeable, and friendly guides. An opportunity to visit all the must-see monuments and enjoy a delicious, traditional Dominican lunch.
Why Choose Runners Adventures?
The most comfortable way to visit and get the most of the wonderful city of Santo Domingo from the nearby cities of Juan Dolio and Boca Chica.
Santo Domingo City Tour, A Great Excursion
I went just today with my family on this great excursion, was a day full of history and dominican culture, our tour guide was Mr. Norberto and our driver was Rusel, 2 very professional guys. We went to visit the most important museums and monuments in this amazing city, we learned a lot. The lunch was delicious at Buche Perico Restaurant and the 4D movie was amazing. I will recomend this tour to everyone. For those people interested to learn about the first city in the new world Runners Adventures are the best!!!” –Cewil R | Aug 21 2018 Read this review on Trip Advisor
Get ready to board a comfortable air-conditioned bus and immerse yourself in our culture and heritage. Our expert tourist guide will take you over the First City of the Americas, learning historically-relevant facts of this modern-day metropolitan city. Stroll down the Colonial zone and observe monuments and museums. Pay homage to the First Cathedral of the Americas, birthplace of a fervent Catholic faith known as the Catedral Metropolitana Santa María de la Encarnación.
Stroll down Las Damas Street, the oldest back street not only in the Dominican Republic but in all of the Americas where you can see the largest amount of monuments in this area. Pass by the Museo de la Casas Reales, formerly the Governmental Palace. A walk across the Alcázar de Colón enraptures visitors back to the era of the first Spanish conquistadors.
Get a short break from the heat when watching a movie about one famous pirate in a 4D cinema. On the boardwalk of Santo Domingo you will appreciate the beauty of the Caribbean Sea and some modern buildings such as the Fine Arts Palace, National Theatre, Presidential Palace, and more. A nice lunch will be served in a local typical restaurant as well. Come and join us as we rediscover the first city of the New World, Santo Domingo.
- People with disability and/or mobility problems cannot take part in this tour.
- Direct bookings from cruise line passengers are not accepted. Please book our tours with your cruise line.