Interact with our adorable squirrel monkeys while they pose for the cameras and jump on top of you!
Special Promotion! Enjoy 10% of for Adults
Duration: 10 Hours
- Buffet lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- National Park admission
- Official guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or van
- Water, rum and soft drinks in the boat.
- Sail across the beautiful Samana Bay in the most comfortable double decker Luxury Catamaran.
- Explore the island and contemplate the rich biodiversity of the area.
- Observe in close proximity the amaizing whales.
- Once a year Humpback Whale breeding season in the Caribbean.
- Must sign Liability Waiver.
- Bring swimming attire including towel, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Booking Early? Use promo code EARLY10 to receive a 10% discount when booking activities 10 days or more in advance!
- Adult (13+)
- $159 $143
- Child (3-12)
Dominican Republic Whale Watching Tour
Climb aboard a comfortable, double decker luxury catamaran and set sail across the beautiful Samana bay as we search for humpback whales. Keep a lookout for other marine life as we see this once-a-year-event in the Caribbean!
What to Expect
Panoramic views of Miches and Anamuya mountain. Sail across the ocean in a double decker catamaran to see the magnificent humpback whales. Arrive to the beautiful Bacardi island where you enjoy a tasty lunch and free time at the beach.
Why Choose Runners Adventures?
It is an unique nature event once a year that every Dominican Republic visitor should experience.
What a great experience! Rudy was our tour guide and Rolando was our driver. Rudy was very informative and made the experience fun and exciting. He was funny and made us feel very welcome and safe.” –Yolanda K | Jul 12 2018 Read this review on Trip Advisor
The Humpback Whales are regular visitors in the Bay of Samaná. Every year from mid January until mid April these huge mammals leave the arctic to mate and give birth in the protected bay along the Dominican Republic’s east coast. The whales have been wintering in this region for centuries.
This is evidence by old Taino cave painting in the nearby “Los Haitises” National Park which depict blowing whales. The Humpback Whale is a water mammal knows for their liveliness and their singing. They can attain a length of 15 meters and weight up to 30 tones.
Our tour begins taking the new road on one of our modern equipped transport, an hour road trip watching the countryside along the coast and the range Anamuya & heading to the fishermen town of Cañitas.
Take place in our confortable boat and enjoy the ride to the sanctuary of the Humpback Whales. We sail to Cayo Levantado, a beautiful island in the middle of the blue and turquoise water of Samaná Bay and enjoy a lunch on the beach. Take some time off to relax and swim before the ride back to Cañitas.
- Pregnant women cannot take part in this tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- People with heart conditions cannot take part in this tour.
- People with disability and/or mobility problems cannot take part in this tour.
- Not recommended for people with back problems.