A magnificent past meets a thriving future. Come and join us as we rediscover the first city of the New World!
Full Day Monkeyland Tour – Juan Dolio
8 Hours | Transportation | Tour Guide | Meals
Duration: 8 Hours
- Buffet lunch
- Experienced guides
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Stroll through the colorful botanical garden and identifies medicinal plants, flowers and fruit trees native in Dominican Republic.
- Interact in close proximity to our beautiful squirrel monkeys at Monkeyland.
- Watch the monkeys in a natural environment which offers spectacular mountain views.
- At the end of this pleasant and surprising tour, passing through our gift shop Monkeyland.
- Visit a coffee and cocoa plantation and get to taste freshly made coffee and hot chocolate.
- Visit a typical house and see how the locals live.
- Must sign Liability Waiver.
- Do not use sunscreen or insect repellent.
Booking Early? Use promo code EARLY10 to receive a 10% discount when booking activities 10 days or more in advance!
- Adult (13+)
- Child (3-12)
Juan Dolio Monkeyland Tour
A guided tour that allows you to interact in close proximity to our beautiful and friendly squirrel monkeys at Monkeyland and visit a typical Dominican house where you learn more about our culture and way of living.
What to Expect
We begin the tour with the visit of a typical country house to mingle with Dominicans and learn how to live off the land and their organic products. Later, we meet the most adorable squirrel monkeys at Monkeyland, situated on five acres of a beautiful piece of land that the monkeys have made their home.
Why Choose Monkeyland Tour?
A must-do for any nature lover, get the unique chance to see a family of squirrel monkeys eating right from a fruit bowl in your hands.
Wow! Better than expected! Monkeys are free to leave area…but come to eat all day! Very conscientious about all! Monkeys are small, soft and gentle…no mishaps! 2 Little kids…3-5 yo were initially scared…but warmed up and ended up having fun…a great surprise!” –TexGal713 | Oct 23 2018 Read this review on Trip Advisor
We begin the tour with the visit of a typical country house to mingle with Dominicans and learn how to live off the land and their organic products. There, have the opportunity to try roasted coffee and cocoa. Start the second part of the tour coming to our beautiful botanical garden, where you will learn about native plants and flowers of the island.
The next 45 minutes were occupied for a guided tour that allows you to interact in close proximity to our beautiful and friendly squirrel monkeys at Monkeyland. These charming and intelligent monkeys have been formed by a Canadian couple with 35 years of experience working with animals, including 12 years at the Toronto Zoo to teaching monkeys to trust and enjoy the company of humans.
This tour is based on 5 acres of a beautiful piece of land that monkeys have made their home. The monkeys are completely accustomed to human contact. They come down from the trees to sit on your shoulder and eat from your hands. Beware …. love all things bright and interesting!
Little monkeys loves to pose for the cameras and probably will sit, and if allowed, see themselves in your camera. Adorable! Come share an unforgettable experience!
- Pregnant women cannot take part in this tour.
- People with disability and/or mobility problems cannot take part in this tour.
- Not recommended for people with severe peanut allergies.
- Direct bookings from cruise line passengers are not accepted. Please book our tours with your cruise line.
- People with a cold or flu cannot take part in this tour.