The best and most complete cultural excursion in Punta Cana. Discover the Dominican culture with the experts!
Duration: 9 Hours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Official guide
- Lunch: white rice, dark rice with beans, chicken creole, beef creole, spaghetti pomodoro, salad bar and fresh fruits
- Water, soft drinks, beer and rum
- Transport by safari truck
- Feel the gentle breeze drag your hair away as you set out to gallop across extraordinary paths, all leading towards stunning countryside sceneries in Bayahibe.
- Romp amid gigantic sugar cane fields. Go back in time and evidence the traditional way of plowing the crop; witness its transformation from cane juice to the best Dominican rum.
- Master craftsmen will teach you the proper way of rolling a cigar. Learn how this blessed land has produced the best tobacco, used to manufacture only the finest cigars.
- You will be welcomed into a typical Dominican home. Assimilate new customs, and seduce your palate with exotic tropical flavors.
- Join us for a lunch-buffet, an alluring gastronomic experience, where dishes created in America blend with their African roots.
- Must sign Liability Waiver.
- Bring swimming attire including towel, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Booking Early? Use promo code EARLY10 to receive a 10% discount when booking activities 10 days or more in advance!
Dominican Republic Mountain and Nature Tour
Tour a sugarcane field, where you see a traditional Trapiche and learn how we produce our delicious Dominican rum and roll the greatest cigars in the world. After horseback riding, continue through the Eastern mountain range until we reach a typical home and stop to sample fresh organic coffee, cacao, and tropical fruits. Enjoy a delicious Dominican buffet at the top of the Anamuya Mountain. Visit one of our sponsored schools and finish the day with a visit to the Our Lady of Altagracia Cathedral, the most important cathedral in the country.
What To Expect
An authentic full-day, all-inclusive guided mountain adventure where you immerse yourself in the life in the Dominican countryside.
Why Choose Runners Adventures?
See and feel the day-to-day lifestyle and friendliness of the local people.
This was the most amazing time!! Rudy our tour guide was awesome!! Getting to see and hear how the Domincians live was such a great experience!! Would highly recommend doing this adventure we loved it.” –Camper826262 | Oct 29 2018 Read this review on Trip Advisor
Come and experience nature surrounded by teeming jungles and astonishing vistas in Bayahibe. Set out to board a Safari-style Jeep at the crack of dawn. Camera in hand, get ready to canvas unbelievable sceneries of an unequalled wildlife. Gallop in the outskirts of a lush, tropical countryside paradise. An exciting, yet challenging feat for the novice and seasoned horseback rider alike.
Cruise across a sugar cane plantation. Witness the traditional way the indigenous people ploughed this crop. Go inside an artisan sugar cane mill, and watch an accurate re-enactment of a colonial-era trapiche (wheel grinder) being pulled by oxen. Back then, it was the only way of extracting the cane juice, a sugary elixir you’ll have a taste of. See this crop transform before your eyes, from cane juice to molasses and vinasse, until becoming the finest Dominican rum.
Perhaps the best mature, ripe tobacco has been harvested in this land, befitting only the finest cigar brands in the world which use them in their manufacturing process. This tour would not be complete without learning hands on from master craftsmen, who generation after generation have hand-made the most sought after cigars. Charming pastel-colored country cottages flawlessly blend in with the lush vegetation in Bayahibe. Frolic amid the foliage as you savor the most delectable exotic tropical fruits, freshly-brewed coffee and cocoa in its purest form.
There are no better digestifs after eating a succulent typical lunch, You will be treated to the traditional Dominican dish, known as “la bandera dominicana”. Visit our sponsored school, briefing of the educational program in the Dominican Republic and arrival at Basilica La Altagracia, the most important church in the country. Learn the history behind this astounding architectural marvel.
- Pregnant women cannot take part in this tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- People with heart conditions cannot take part in this tour.
- People with disability and/or mobility problems cannot take part in this tour.
- Not recommended for people with back problems.