Get ready for an unforgettable tour to the most stunning beach in the Caribbean!
Duration: 9 Hours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Official guide
- Lunch: grilled Caribbean lobster, rice, vegetable, seafood salad, bread or grilled chicken breast, rice, vegetables and cassavas croquettes.
- Water, soft drinks, beer and rum.
- Transport by safari truck
- A cup of coffee
- A glass of wine (red, white or rosé)
- You will be welcomed into a typical Dominican home, you will be treated to a sampling of the most exotic Caribbean fruits, freshly-brewed coffee, and taste a rich cup of hot cocoa.
- Embark on a spiritual pilgrimage to the Higüey Basilica, a grandiose architectural marvel worthy of visiting.
- Enchanting country landscapes are revealed before your very eyes, as you set to sail through the Chavón River. Enjoy a scrumptious grilled lobster lunch afloat, as you sunbathe under the warm tropical sun.
- Maneuver through a sugar cane field, property. Romp from side to side in an ambience scented by a sugary aroma.
- Expert craftsmen will show you the proper way of rolling a cigar on our visit to the Cigar Museum. Many renowned brands come from this land.
- Must sign Liability Waiver.
Booking Early? Use promo code EARLY10 to receive a 10% discount when booking activities 10 days or more in advance!
Cultural Safari in the Caribbean and Dominican Republic
Come and enjoy a unique experience of a Cultural Safari, with visits to a typical Dominican house and the Basilica of Our Lady of Altagracia. Let the tropical music serenade you as we ride along the famous Chavon River on a barge, where we also enjoy a delicious lunch of grilled lobster. After lunch, visit the largest sugar cane plantation in the Dominican and while you’re here you learn how the best Dominican cigars are made.
What To Expect
A high-quality adventure operated by the leading excursion company with 20 years of experience in Dominican Republic, that takes you to the must-see places in the eastern part of this beautiful country.
Why Choose Runners Adventures?
On this full-day tour, you get the chance to visit cultural landmarks of the Dominican Republic and taste the most delicious Caribbean food.
The best tour company! Ease of booking and comfortable, safe transportation. Driver, Carlos is excellent and PJ, tour guide is the most personable, FUN guide!” –Vickie L | Jul 1 2018 Read this review on Trip Advisor
- Extended Information
Hop on the back of one of our safari-style trucks, other eager pioneers at your side. A zealous tourist guide eagerly waits to sweep you through the most hidden space of this mystical destination. Making a small detour, spend a couple of minutes getting to know the strengths of the Dominican educational system. Watch as the innocence in their eyes awakens an insatiable, ravenous thirst for knowledge. Drop in on a typical rural home and evidence the embodiment of the unmistakable Dominican hospitality, which characterizes them. Indulge your taste buds with eccentric Caribbean flavors.
Caress your lips with juicy tropical fruit slices, gratify your senses with the pleasing scent of freshly-roasted coffee, and mesmerize your palate with a rich cup of hot cocoa. Journey to the most revered basilicas in the region, the Higüey Basilica. A divine awakening for believers of a strong Catholic faith. Bow before the Virgin of Altagracia. Tackle a spiritual pilgrimage to one of the most lauded cathedrals in the Dominican Republic, visit the Higüey Basilica.
A magnificent ash grey structure in the shape of a Latin cross. As we cross the picturesque village of El Gato, sail across Chavón River on a riverboat, unrelenting backdrops come undone before our eyes. An unforgettable experience; the whirlwind jostling to the rhythm of merengue. Its backdrop has come to life in magnificent scenes of various box office blockbusters, such as “Apocalypse Now” and “Rambo II”. Relive these scenes.
Enjoy a delicious grilled lobster lunch as you sunbathe under the warm tropical sun. Maneuver throughout the biggest cane fields on the island, property of Central Romana Corporation. Surpass its 200,000 acres of sugar cane, frolicking in the midst of the sweet aroma of the recently cut stalks. Take the opportunity to pick up a stem and stroke your lips with its pleasant taste. Experienced cigar makers will show you the proper way of rolling a cigar; we’ll visit the Cigar Museum. This land has sowed the finest tobacco crops, utilized in only the most world-renowned brands.
Witness how its harvest has boosted the country’s economy. Important: In a a way to protect our natural resources, from March 1st to June 30th we’ll serve shrimps instead of lobster since this period is critical for the lobster to reproduce (closed season).
- Pregnant women cannot take part in this tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- People with disability and/or mobility problems cannot take part in this tour.
- Direct bookings from cruise line passengers are not accepted. Please book our tours with your cruise line.