Support a good cause while you have a blast zip lining through the jungle and meeting adorable monkeys.
Duration: 8 Hours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Official guide
- Lunch: white rice, dark rice with beans, chicken creole, beef creole, spaghetti pomodoro and salad bar.
- Water, soft drinks, beer and rum.
- Fresh fruits.
- Transport by safari truck.
- Visit to the Basilica Catedral Nuestra Señora de la Altagracia
- Feel as your hair is swept away by the strong wind while galloping across amazing vistas, all leading to gorgeous countryside landscapes.
- Frolic amid gigantic sugar cane fields. Go back in time and witness the traditional way of plowing the crop, evidence its transformation from cane juice to the best Dominican rum.
- Master craftsmen will show you the proper way of rolling a cigar. Learn how this blessed land has produced the best tobacco.
- A typical Dominican family will welcome you into their home. Learn about new customs. Seduce your palate with exotic tropical flavors.
- Sign up for a lunch-buffet. An alluring gastronomic experience, where dishes created in America blend with their African roots.
- Try Boogie-boarding at the beautiful beach of Macao.
- Visit the largest and most important church in the country
- Must sign Liability Waiver.
- Bring swimming attire including towel, sunglasses and sunscreen.
Booking Early? Use promo code EARLY10 to receive a 10% discount when booking activities 10 days or more in advance!
Dominican Republic Cultural Tour Details
Camera in hands, get ready to capture unbelievable panoramas and typical Dominican villages, visit the largest and most important church, and see schools and famous “colmado.” Drive across sugar cane and rice plantations. Learn why and how Spanish brought sugar cane culture in this island and the economic impact. See how they used a “trapiche,” a wheeled grinder pulled by oxen to extract the syrup of sugar cane. Ride our truck through the Anamuya mountain and have direct contact with the day to day life in the countryside.
What To Expect
A fun-filled day where you get to immerse yourself in the Dominican culture guided by the friendliest staff. Horseback ride, try fresh sugar cane juice, learn how cigars are rolled, be welcomed at a Dominican house, have a delicious typical lunch, and end your day in one of the most beautiful beaches in the country.
Why Choose Runners Adventures?
The original countryside safari in Punta Cana! Runners Adventures have been offering this unforgettable experience for the past 20 years.
A Humbling Experience:
I took the safari tour that afforded me the opportunity to learn and experience the culture of the Dominican people. Our tour guide Mini was exceptional! Extreme professionalism, knowledge, and most important,HUMOROUS! The experience would not have been the same without him.” –Rosalind T | Jul 26 2018 Read this review on Trip Advisor
- Extended Information
Set out to board a safari style jeep and get to know the Dominican countryside. There is fun and adventure behind every twist and turn, join us on our Bavaro Runners tour. Come and experience nature surrounded by teeming jungles and bewildering seascapes.
We begin this day by taking the route to Higüey where, in addition to touring its streets, we will visit the largest and most important church in the country, the Basilica of La Altagracia. Camera in hand, get ready to capture unbelievable panoramas of an unequaled wildlife. Gallop in the outskirts of a lush, tropical countryside paradise.
An exciting yet challenging feat for the novice and seasoned horseback rider alike. Cruise across a sugar cane plantation. Witness the traditional way the indigenous people ploughed this crop. Go inside an artisan sugar cane mill, and watch an accurate re-enactment of a colonial-era trapiche (wheel grinder). See this crop transform before your eyes, from cane juice to molasses and vinasse, until becoming the finest Dominican rum. Perhaps the best mature, ripe tobacco has been harvested in this land, befitting only the finest cigar brands in the world which use them in their manufacturing process.
This tour would not be complete without learning hands on from master craftsmen, who generation after generation have hand-made the most coveted cigars. To complete this journey, visit a local family on their home. With smiles they invite you to their farm and their coffee plantation. Also, take a moment to taste the real cacao and many exotics fruits. This cultural immersion is definitely the highlight of your vacation.
There are no better digestives after eating a delightful typical lunch at the top of the mountain. Charming pastel-colored country cottages flawlessly blend in with the lush vegetation. Frolic amid the foliage as you savor the most delectable exotic tropical fruits, freshly-brewed coffee and cocoa in its purest form. This excursion would not be whole if we were not to go for a refreshing swim in the paradisiac Macao beach, immersed in one of the most beautiful places in the Caribbean.
Splendid powdery white sand beaches, formidable tidal waves are ideal to catch a wave standing over a boogie board. However, if you are exhausted from a day full of adventure, perhaps you would much prefer to sunbathe and sample of the simple pleasure of island culture, sipping a heartwarming Cuba Libre. This cultural tour in Punta Cana – Bávaro is definitely unforgettable!
- Pregnant women cannot take part in this tour.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- People with heart conditions cannot take part in this tour.
- People with disability and/or mobility problems cannot take part in this tour.
- Not recommended for people with back problems.
- Direct bookings from cruise line passengers are not accepted. Please book our tours with your cruise line.